2. Pressure (Flange Ratings)
- Clean water: feet per second
- Dirty water: 130 feet per second
- Slurry (general): 100 feet per second
- Impellers (nonmetallic) or rubber coated impellers: 85 feet per second
- An increase in fluid viscosity negatively impacts the torque and horsepower limit for the shaft. Check this viscosity correction factor to ensure a satisfactory and reliable installation.
- You may still be able to pump the highly viscous fluid with a centrifugal pump, but there will be a point of diminishing returns because of reduced efficiency. Perhaps you are using 25 HP to pump the viscous fluid with a centrifugal pump that would only require 5 HP with a positive displacement pump.
6. Suction Lift
7. Air Entrainment
8. Nozzle Loading